Palestine Development Association

a non-profit organization

P.O. Box 101- Palestine, Illinois 62451
Visit PalestineBicentennial.com









Historic Development Committee


Fort Lamotte

The Fort Lamotte Rangers are reconstructing a replica of Fort Lamotte near its original site. The Palestine Chamber of Commerce leased the northwest corner of their arena property for project. Volunteers have nearly completed the Block House. The Rangers also use the site as a Black Powder Rifle Range.

The Harper House

The early 1800's era home is located behind the Grade School and was most recently owned by the Miller family.


Thanks to the generosity of the Herning, Claypool, and Heath grants the Harper House restoration is nearly completed.

The roof has been replaced with a wood shingles similar to those found originally used on the structure.

The
portions of the home has been rewired, a heating/cooling system was installed, and the interior has been restored.

Members of the Palestine Masonic Lodge have assisted the PPPS, and general contractor  Clifford Adams with much of the initial work on both the interior and exterior of the house.

The house is used for living history events and available for special occasions.